- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Karpal Singh's Death: PM extends his condolences to family members
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Karpal Singh's Death: " Penang had lost a son," says Lim Guan Eng
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- MH370 Tragedy: Robot sub makes first complete search
- Karpal Singh's Death: Mukhriz extends his heartfelt condolences
- Way out for MAS More
MELAKA: The Melaka Immigration Department detained 29 Vietnam women who worked as Guest Relations Officers (GRO) after carrying out raids during 'Operasi Sapu' here today.
State Immigration Director Kamalludin Ismail said all the women, aged between 18 to 55, were detained during the operation at two condominiums in Klebang at about 12.30pm after receiving information from the public.
"During the first raid, two elderly Vietnamese women believed to be the guardians of the GRO, refused to open the door to their condominium unit, forcing the enforcement officers to force open the door.
"All the women were found to have misused their social visit passes to be involved in immoral activities," he told reporters in Ayer Keroh here today.
Initial investigations revealed that 19 of them had misused their social visit passes, eight did not have passes while two had overstayed, he said.
Kamalludin said since Dec 2, 589 inspections were carried out during 57 raids and 174 illegal immigrants from Thailand, China, Indonesia, Myanmar, and Bangladesh were detained. - Bernama