- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: How can jet disappear?
- MISSING MH370: Boeing joining Malaysia crash investigation
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Help from bomohs must be in accordance to Islam
- MISSING MH370: No objects found
- MISSING MH370: MAS to allocate 31,000 Yuan financial assistance
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- Hisham: We have nothing to hide on missing plane More
Monier CoolRoof up for grabs in CoolSchool Contest
MALACCA: Monier, Malaysia's roofing expert, headed south to become a step closer towards fulfilling its pledge to provide at least one school in each state with a free Monier CoolRoof by 2014.
Monier CoolSchool is a corporate social responsibility (CSR) programme launched by Monier Malaysia in 2010.
Monier will be selecting two more schools for the programme in Johor and Negri Sembilan, via the Monier CoolSchool Contest, announced Monier Asia and Africa chief executive officer Georg Harrasser at the hand over of a new Monier CoolRoof to SMK Canossa Convent, here.
"Under our CSR programme, we are committed to provide free Monier CoolRoof to 14 schools in every state in Malaysia by 2014.
"Canossa Convent is the fourth school to benefit from the initiative.
"The others are SMK Sultan Abdul Samad in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, SK (P) Methodist Kuantan, Pahang, and SJK (C) Kong Min Pusat in Penang," he said.
Monier CoolRoof is an energy efficient roofing system that limits heat transfer through the roof by creating a natural airflow and heat barrier, thus reducing the temperature of a building by up to 10oC.
This results in less electricity usage, which will also reduce the impact on the environment.
The Monier CoolSchool Contest began on Sept 6 and ends on Oct 31. It is open to all primary and secondary schools in Johor and Negri Sembilan. Schools are required to explain in a creative story why they deserve a Monier CoolRoof.
Details are available at the Monier CoolSchool Contest Facebook Page, www.facebook.com/MONIERMalaysia and www.MONIER.com.my.
Harrasser said: "Monier continues to invest a lot in research and development to improve the technology to reduce heat transfer through the roof.
"What's great is that a Monier CoolRoof doesn't use any mechanical components; neither does it require maintenance."
School principal Chin Siok Hoon said: "Before the re-roofing, our students could not enjoy reading and found it difficult to concentrate during revision time at the library, especially in the afternoon due to the extreme heat.
"In some classrooms, students were also distracted by the leaks when it rained heavily.
"The worn-out roofs had also become breeding grounds for bats and birds. All that is now in the past. Monier has brought a huge, positive change to our school. I was told that students are now able to concentrate on their studies in the library or in the classroom," she said.