- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for captain
- Karpal Singh's Death: Abdullah lauds Karpal's life of service
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son More
BOWLING: The New Straits Times team were in an element of their own as they outclassed the opposition to win the TM Media Bowl tournament at Cosmic Bowl, Mid Valley Megamall, recently.
All the four-member teams included one management staffer from the TM Group in order to foster closer relations and a more harmonious working relationship between the media and the staff.
The NST squad, comprising Ramlan Said, Latif Abd Rauf, Ricky Yap and Saiful Bahri Jusoh (general manager, VAS Product Development, New Media/TM Net), racked up an eight-game total of 1,133 pinfalls to bag the title and the accompanying RM1,000 cash prize and a hamper.
Latif also made it a double, bagging the most number of spares converted (11) catergory to win an IPod Shuffle.
Sinar Harian also shone brightly to take second spot with Azlishan Hamid, Abd Halim Haron, Mizan Mat Tamin and Syarfina Junaida Bolhan, manager, group corporate communications, TM Group, totalling 1,065 pinfalls. They won RM750 and a hamper.
It was a triple win for Mizan, head of Sinar Harian's photo department, whose 386 pinfalls also secured him the top individual score while also snaring the prize for the highest number of strikes (nine).
He took home an IPad2 and a DVD player.
Trailing Sinar Harian by a single pin were Utusan Malaysia, whereby Mohd Azahar Mogo, Khuzairi Ismail, Noor Diana Azis and TM Group staffer Mazuin Zainal Abidin had to settle for the third prize of RM600 cash and a hamper.
Fourth to eighth spots went to Bernama TV (1,012 pinfalls), Berita Harian (969), Harian Metro (828), Kosmo (812) and Bernama (659). Each team received RM150 and also a trophy.
The prizes were presented by Imri Mokhtar, executive vice-president, consumer division, TM Group, and their vice president, Group Corporate Communications, Izlyn Ramli.
Izlyn said this was the first TM media bowling tournament in "a very long time".