- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370 : Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370 : Statement from MAS chief executive
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370 : Previous MAS crashes and near misses
- MISSING MH370 : Pix gallery
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370 : Plane has been missing for 13 hours now
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : Family members keep vigil at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- MISSING MH370: Tears and fury as relatives wait for news of airliner More
BOWLING: The New Straits Times team were in an element of their own as they outclassed the opposition to win the TM Media Bowl tournament at Cosmic Bowl, Mid Valley Megamall, recently.
All the four-member teams included one management staffer from the TM Group in order to foster closer relations and a more harmonious working relationship between the media and the staff.
The NST squad, comprising Ramlan Said, Latif Abd Rauf, Ricky Yap and Saiful Bahri Jusoh (general manager, VAS Product Development, New Media/TM Net), racked up an eight-game total of 1,133 pinfalls to bag the title and the accompanying RM1,000 cash prize and a hamper.
Latif also made it a double, bagging the most number of spares converted (11) catergory to win an IPod Shuffle.
Sinar Harian also shone brightly to take second spot with Azlishan Hamid, Abd Halim Haron, Mizan Mat Tamin and Syarfina Junaida Bolhan, manager, group corporate communications, TM Group, totalling 1,065 pinfalls. They won RM750 and a hamper.
It was a triple win for Mizan, head of Sinar Harian's photo department, whose 386 pinfalls also secured him the top individual score while also snaring the prize for the highest number of strikes (nine).
He took home an IPad2 and a DVD player.
Trailing Sinar Harian by a single pin were Utusan Malaysia, whereby Mohd Azahar Mogo, Khuzairi Ismail, Noor Diana Azis and TM Group staffer Mazuin Zainal Abidin had to settle for the third prize of RM600 cash and a hamper.
Fourth to eighth spots went to Bernama TV (1,012 pinfalls), Berita Harian (969), Harian Metro (828), Kosmo (812) and Bernama (659). Each team received RM150 and also a trophy.
The prizes were presented by Imri Mokhtar, executive vice-president, consumer division, TM Group, and their vice president, Group Corporate Communications, Izlyn Ramli.
Izlyn said this was the first TM media bowling tournament in "a very long time".