- MISSING MH370: Police at co-captain's house
- MISSING MH370: Plane may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean
- MISSING MH370: Theories on disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Satellite detected plane at 8.11am on Saturday
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh to face the music: Jais
- MISSING MH370: PM's statement on missing airliner
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Summary of PM's statement
- MISSING MH370: Singapore to continue SAR
- MISSING MH370: Press briefing
- 6 died from drug while attending concert at Bukit Jalil
- MISSING MH370: Radar data suggests plane flown deliberately toward Andaman
- MISSING MH370: Plane’s disappearance deliberate
- MISSING MH370: Piracy theory gains more credence
- MISSING MH370: Health Ministry provides outpatient treatment, counselling More
KUALA LUMPUR: Gombak LRT (light rail transit) station's park-n-ride facility is now open.
Syarikat Prasarana Negara Bhd communications and strategic marketing head Lim Jin Aun said the multi-storey car park complex at the station provides 1,260 parking bays.
These include 158 dedicated lots for women drivers and 24 for the disabled, both located on the ground floor.
"The complex which was completed recently is aimed at helping to ease congestion by providing parking facilities to commuters. We hope those staying in Gombak, Batu Caves, Selayang, Melawati and Melati will make use of the facility and choose public transport for their daily commute.
"Parking is free until Feb 15, although the complex is only accessible using the MyRapid smart card, which can be bought at any of the LRT and monorail counters," he said, adding that the parking charge to be imposed after the date has yet to be finalised.
The RM30 million six-storey parking complex, which took about two-and-a-half years to build, offers such features as the Parking Guidance System (PGS), cash-less parking management, closed-circuit television cameras (CCTVs), lifts and panic buttons.
"For the convenience of drivers at the complex entrance, the PGS will inform them about the number of vacant lots available. There are also security guards stationed at the complex," he said, adding that Prasarana was also building a park-n-ride facility at the Ampang LRT station, to be ready by year-end.
"To provide comfort to our commuters, we have also built covered pedestrian walkways like those connecting Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) to the PWTC LRT station and Putra bus terminal; walkways connecting Sultan Ismail monorail station to Maju Junction; and Pasar Seni LRT station to KTM Komuter station."