- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin: Four names in flight manifest under probe
- MISSING MH370: Radar showed missing plane may have turned back
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records More
RECOGNITION: Group picked for its strength and drive towards developing a brand that has created strong impressions
KUALA LUMPUR: THISTLE Hotels & Resorts, Malaysia was awarded the prestigious BrandLaureate BestBrands Awards 2012-2013, in Corporate Branding (Leisure and Hospitality) at the recent BrandLaureate Awards Gala Dinner held at The Majestic Kuala Lumpur.
General manager Edward Kollmer, from Thistle Johor Bahru, received the 24K gold-plated trophy and certificate from Asia Pacific Brands Foundation chairman Gen (rtd) Tan Sri Mohamed Hashim Mohd Ali and BrandLaureate president Dr K.K. Johan.
Also present at the ceremony was Thistle Port Dickson Resort general manager John Murphy.
Thistle Hotels & Resorts Malaysia was picked for its strength and drive towards developing a brand that has created strong impressions across the Asian region and the United Kingdom.
The five-star Thistle Port Dickson Resort and Thistle Johor Bahru were established in 2009 to deliver not only the best in its local market but a service-level that commensurates with international standards.
Director of operations for Thistle Hotels & Resorts Malaysia and Untied Kingdom, Simon Farr, said that BrandLaureate Award signifies the company's symbol of excellence and the trophy will be prominently displayed in the Thistle Port Dickson Resort lobby and the certificate in Thistle Johor Bahru.
He said: "As one of the top notch hotels in Malaysia, Thistle Hotels & Resorts embodies our culture and brand promise and we shall continue to make the group known throughout the world, with the aspiration to become the preferred corporate hotels in the market place."
Thistle Johor Bahru and Thistle Port Dickson Resort are part of the Thistle UK hotel group which operates 34 hotels and is one of the largest hotel operators in London.