- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
RECOGNITION: Group picked for its strength and drive towards developing a brand that has created strong impressions
KUALA LUMPUR: THISTLE Hotels & Resorts, Malaysia was awarded the prestigious BrandLaureate BestBrands Awards 2012-2013, in Corporate Branding (Leisure and Hospitality) at the recent BrandLaureate Awards Gala Dinner held at The Majestic Kuala Lumpur.
General manager Edward Kollmer, from Thistle Johor Bahru, received the 24K gold-plated trophy and certificate from Asia Pacific Brands Foundation chairman Gen (rtd) Tan Sri Mohamed Hashim Mohd Ali and BrandLaureate president Dr K.K. Johan.
Also present at the ceremony was Thistle Port Dickson Resort general manager John Murphy.
Thistle Hotels & Resorts Malaysia was picked for its strength and drive towards developing a brand that has created strong impressions across the Asian region and the United Kingdom.
The five-star Thistle Port Dickson Resort and Thistle Johor Bahru were established in 2009 to deliver not only the best in its local market but a service-level that commensurates with international standards.
Director of operations for Thistle Hotels & Resorts Malaysia and Untied Kingdom, Simon Farr, said that BrandLaureate Award signifies the company's symbol of excellence and the trophy will be prominently displayed in the Thistle Port Dickson Resort lobby and the certificate in Thistle Johor Bahru.
He said: "As one of the top notch hotels in Malaysia, Thistle Hotels & Resorts embodies our culture and brand promise and we shall continue to make the group known throughout the world, with the aspiration to become the preferred corporate hotels in the market place."
Thistle Johor Bahru and Thistle Port Dickson Resort are part of the Thistle UK hotel group which operates 34 hotels and is one of the largest hotel operators in London.