- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for captain
- Karpal Singh's Death: Abdullah lauds Karpal's life of service
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son More
COMFORT:The shoes not only bring comfort but improved fitness level
WEARING the right shoes is vital to feet health. Yet many people still prefer "good looking" shoes that are lacking in terms of benefits for their feet's well-being.
Problems such as bad posture, bunions, aches and pains in the knees, foot joints, muscles and back are some of the problems that arise due to lack of support for the feet.
Seeing the need for Malaysians to have shoes that can offer comfort, improve foot health and wellness, J Nine International Sdn Bhd has partnered with Kybun AG of Switzerland to bring Kybun, a well known health footwear, into the country and Southeast Asian countries such as Singapore, Indonesia and the Philippines.
J Nine International Sdn Bhd director Janine Chacko said Kybun's technology, which was invented by Karl Muller, revolved around providing comfort, health and wellness for feet.
"Today's footwear, especially for women, dictates that fashion comes first before comfort and this has brought on many health problems for wearers.
"Hence, with the availability of Kybun, we hope people will enjoy the "walk-on-air" sensation with our footwear," she said.
With two outlets, one in Cheras and another in Publika, the brand offers KyBoot men's and women's footwear, and KyBounder therapy exercise mats of varying sizes.
Muller, who was at the launch, said KyBoot gave wearers a "walking-on-air" feeling.
"A honeycomb structure creates an air cushion between the feet and ground. As for the KyBounder, those who stand for long periods can benefit from it because the cushion-like mat will stimulate muscles throughout the body."
Muller said KyBoot and KyBounder also helped to reduce back, joint and foot pain.
"With ease of movement one is inclined to walk more and this leads to improved fitness levels.
"In short, it brings back the fun and enjoyment of walking."
Muller said Kybun was the product of five years' of research and development.
Manufactured under stringent quality control and secrecy in Switzerland and Italy, Kybun offers various ready-to-wear footwear, including boots, track shoes and comfortable slip-ons, with a starting price of RM1,150 per pair.
Chacko said they had teamed up with Maybank credit card to offer interest-free easy payments.
"We are also in talks with other banks to offer the same scheme to those interested in buying Kybun for their health."
She also said the third Kybun outlet would be opened in Penang soon.
"We are looking to open three more outlets averaging around 46.5sq metres in strategic market centres nationwide by next year."