- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Everest Avalanche updates: Death toll reaches 13
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rose to 32, Captain in custody
- 'Bluefin-21' to end scan next week
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: 'We are forever indebted to him', says Dr Wan Azizah
- Forced to live on the streets More
JOHOR BARU: The state has dispensed aid of RM200 for each of the 100-odd families whose homes in Taman Megah Ria, Masai, were damaged in a recent freak storm.
The state will also repair their roofs and fully bear the costs.
Johor Baru district officer, Amran Abdul Rahman said it would cost about RM3,000 to repair each home, including new roofing materials.
"After checking the affected houses, we found that most of the damage were to the roofs," he said at the meeting with the victims last Monday.
Also were were Umno Pasir Gudang welfare bureau chairman Rozlan Abu Bakar, Permas assemblyman M.M. Samy and Johor Jaya assemblyman Tan Cher Puk.
Amran said those whose cars were damaged in the storm could file claims with their respective insurance agencies.
The victims, meanwhile, were relieved to learn that the state government had come to their aid.
Badariah Ismail, 51, said rainwater flooded her house after the roof was blown off.
"The furniture, electrical appliances and mattresses were damaged," she said.
Sirai Lanchap, 57, was grateful that his family were unhurt by the large tree that fell on his house during the storm.