- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- MH192: MAS given 2 days to furnish cabinet with report
- UPDATE:12 students lost in Bako National Park found, 1 dead
- S.Korea ferry incident: More bodies from ship; transcript reveals wavering
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MH192: Police to look into elements of sabotage
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- Three dead in 4-car accident in Klang
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google More
I WAS born in Batu Pahat, Johor, and moved to Singapore in 1957 to start training as a student nurse.
I married Bruce MacRae Smith, a Scot who was then working in Singapore.
We used to live in Europe for about four months a year. In 1980, when our son was 12 years of age, we decided to relocate to France.
My husband then bought a property in Lot Etgaronne and turned it into a resort that we called Guirot Bas. It was very popular with families, mainly in the summer.
After my husband passed away four years ago, I sold Guirot Bas and came to Malaysia for a holiday in October 2010.
Just a week into the holiday, I suffered a peritonitis attack and needed a colostomy.
While recuperating in the hospital, I decided to retire in Malaysia and recently moved to live in a care home in Kulaijaya, where I’m enjoying a carefree lifestyle especially after running a holiday resort for 20 years!