- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
I WAS born in Batu Pahat, Johor, and moved to Singapore in 1957 to start training as a student nurse.
I married Bruce MacRae Smith, a Scot who was then working in Singapore.
We used to live in Europe for about four months a year. In 1980, when our son was 12 years of age, we decided to relocate to France.
My husband then bought a property in Lot Etgaronne and turned it into a resort that we called Guirot Bas. It was very popular with families, mainly in the summer.
After my husband passed away four years ago, I sold Guirot Bas and came to Malaysia for a holiday in October 2010.
Just a week into the holiday, I suffered a peritonitis attack and needed a colostomy.
While recuperating in the hospital, I decided to retire in Malaysia and recently moved to live in a care home in Kulaijaya, where I’m enjoying a carefree lifestyle especially after running a holiday resort for 20 years!