- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Local media gather at Tok Bali maritime base
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Blame game not helping: Tun M
- MISSING MH370: Families cling to faint hopes: psychologist
- MISSING MH370: Baggage of 5 who did not fly 'clean': DCA More
I WAS born in Batu Pahat, Johor, and moved to Singapore in 1957 to start training as a student nurse.
I married Bruce MacRae Smith, a Scot who was then working in Singapore.
We used to live in Europe for about four months a year. In 1980, when our son was 12 years of age, we decided to relocate to France.
My husband then bought a property in Lot Etgaronne and turned it into a resort that we called Guirot Bas. It was very popular with families, mainly in the summer.
After my husband passed away four years ago, I sold Guirot Bas and came to Malaysia for a holiday in October 2010.
Just a week into the holiday, I suffered a peritonitis attack and needed a colostomy.
While recuperating in the hospital, I decided to retire in Malaysia and recently moved to live in a care home in Kulaijaya, where I’m enjoying a carefree lifestyle especially after running a holiday resort for 20 years!