- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet More
I WAS born in Batu Pahat, Johor, and moved to Singapore in 1957 to start training as a student nurse.
I married Bruce MacRae Smith, a Scot who was then working in Singapore.
We used to live in Europe for about four months a year. In 1980, when our son was 12 years of age, we decided to relocate to France.
My husband then bought a property in Lot Etgaronne and turned it into a resort that we called Guirot Bas. It was very popular with families, mainly in the summer.
After my husband passed away four years ago, I sold Guirot Bas and came to Malaysia for a holiday in October 2010.
Just a week into the holiday, I suffered a peritonitis attack and needed a colostomy.
While recuperating in the hospital, I decided to retire in Malaysia and recently moved to live in a care home in Kulaijaya, where I’m enjoying a carefree lifestyle especially after running a holiday resort for 20 years!