- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Yang di-Pertua Negeri among thousands to bid farewell
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium More
I WAS born in Batu Pahat, Johor, and moved to Singapore in 1957 to start training as a student nurse.
I married Bruce MacRae Smith, a Scot who was then working in Singapore.
We used to live in Europe for about four months a year. In 1980, when our son was 12 years of age, we decided to relocate to France.
My husband then bought a property in Lot Etgaronne and turned it into a resort that we called Guirot Bas. It was very popular with families, mainly in the summer.
After my husband passed away four years ago, I sold Guirot Bas and came to Malaysia for a holiday in October 2010.
Just a week into the holiday, I suffered a peritonitis attack and needed a colostomy.
While recuperating in the hospital, I decided to retire in Malaysia and recently moved to live in a care home in Kulaijaya, where I’m enjoying a carefree lifestyle especially after running a holiday resort for 20 years!