Those who missed Tuesday’s deadline must explain why they missed it
APPLICANTS who failed to submit their Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M) forms by the Tuesday deadline can still appeal for the financial aid, said Deputy Finance Minister Datuk Donald Lim Siang Chai.
He said they would, however, be required to submit their forms with a letter explaining their failure to meet the deadline.
"If the reasons are strong, we will consider their applications," Lim said yesterday.
The application forms had been distributed since last month and applications were open until Tuesday. Successful applicants would get cash vouchers of RM500 each after the closing date.
The scheme aims to help 5.2 million households with a monthly income of below RM3,000
Lim said the ministry would announce the number of applications that it had received in each state next week.
It was reported that successful applicants would be informed via phone or letters. They would receive cash vouchers with their names and MyKad numbers on them.
In Perlis, 10.69 million cash vouchers would be given to more than 21,000 applicants, Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Md Isa Sabu said.
He said payments would be made to them beginning on Sunday.
A total of 1,081 applicants in the Indera Kayangan constituency would receive their cash vouchers at an event at Dewan Warisan, while the remaining 20,303 would receive theirs in their constituencies, he said.
Isa said the cash vouchers could be redeemed at CIMB, Bank Simpanan Nasional and Maybank.
"All applicants should be in their constituencies on the dates given for them to receive the aid."