- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
DANGER ZONE: The Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is frequently busy and used by many heavy vehicles
PAGOH: THE Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is in dire need of traffic lights.
This stretch of the main road to Labis and Muar, which diverts to the public market here, causes it to be busy most of the time. Many of the users are also heavy vehicles.
Zainun Hamidan, a motorist who uses the stretch daily, is worried over the safety of the public.
"This stretch is busy especially during peak hours, with motorists using it to go to Muar, Malacca and Batu Pahat," said Zainun.
"There are also many heavy vehicles plying the road along with those who are going to the market.
"Yet there are no street lights even, besides no traffic lights."
Zainun said he has always worried about the traffic condition when sending his son to school.
"I pity the pedestrians who need to cross the busy stretch," he said.
Khairul Tahir said the intersection is near the Pagoh Sports Complex.
"Every time there is a function at the sports complex, there is traffic congestion at the stretch. To reduce the risk of an accident, it is best for the local authorities to put up traffic lights at the intersection."