- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- BMW launches 420i coupe More
DANGER ZONE: The Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is frequently busy and used by many heavy vehicles
PAGOH: THE Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is in dire need of traffic lights.
This stretch of the main road to Labis and Muar, which diverts to the public market here, causes it to be busy most of the time. Many of the users are also heavy vehicles.
Zainun Hamidan, a motorist who uses the stretch daily, is worried over the safety of the public.
"This stretch is busy especially during peak hours, with motorists using it to go to Muar, Malacca and Batu Pahat," said Zainun.
"There are also many heavy vehicles plying the road along with those who are going to the market.
"Yet there are no street lights even, besides no traffic lights."
Zainun said he has always worried about the traffic condition when sending his son to school.
"I pity the pedestrians who need to cross the busy stretch," he said.
Khairul Tahir said the intersection is near the Pagoh Sports Complex.
"Every time there is a function at the sports complex, there is traffic congestion at the stretch. To reduce the risk of an accident, it is best for the local authorities to put up traffic lights at the intersection."