- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Captain, crew members arrested
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief More
DANGER ZONE: The Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is frequently busy and used by many heavy vehicles
PAGOH: THE Jalan Pagoh-Kampung Raja intersection is in dire need of traffic lights.
This stretch of the main road to Labis and Muar, which diverts to the public market here, causes it to be busy most of the time. Many of the users are also heavy vehicles.
Zainun Hamidan, a motorist who uses the stretch daily, is worried over the safety of the public.
"This stretch is busy especially during peak hours, with motorists using it to go to Muar, Malacca and Batu Pahat," said Zainun.
"There are also many heavy vehicles plying the road along with those who are going to the market.
"Yet there are no street lights even, besides no traffic lights."
Zainun said he has always worried about the traffic condition when sending his son to school.
"I pity the pedestrians who need to cross the busy stretch," he said.
Khairul Tahir said the intersection is near the Pagoh Sports Complex.
"Every time there is a function at the sports complex, there is traffic congestion at the stretch. To reduce the risk of an accident, it is best for the local authorities to put up traffic lights at the intersection."