- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: Family members attends late night briefing
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- A humbling experience
- MISSING MH370: Radar records may lead experts, authorities solve mystery
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- life raft
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Use of bomoh against Islamic teaching: Jakim
- MISSING MH370: Terengganu police receive report on explosion in Marang
- Man claims he saw plane descending
- MISSING FLIGHT MH370: Get a good communicator
- MISSING MH370: Tun M defends authorities handling of missing flight More
FAREWELL: More than 150 members of Maimunah Abdul Samad’s descendants meet at their family home before it makes way for the petroleum hub project
PENGERANG: FIVE generations of Maimunah Abdul Samad's descendants gathered for the first time at the family home in Kampung Teluk Empang for a Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration recently.
Maimunah is 96 years old. Her house sits on a piece of land that is expected to be taken up for the development of the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC).
A total of 178 members from 30 families attended the gathering.
Maimunah's great grandson, Md Johan Sah, 26, said they decided to gather at their family home following an announcement that the land would be acquired for the PIPC project.
"We are grateful to have a family gathering during Hari Raya. Our family members came from Johor Baru, Malacca, Negri Sembilan, Kuala Lumpur and Sarawak," he said.
Johan, who led the search for his family members, said the effort took him two weeks through the setting up of a Facebook group called "Generasi Hajah Maimunah".
"I hope more family members will be joining us in the future although it will be a different location after we bid farewell to our family home here," he said.
Maimunah's son, Wahab Ibrahim, 52, was also there.