- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- MH192: MAS given 2 days to furnish cabinet with report
- UPDATE:12 students lost in Bako National Park found, 1 dead
- S.Korea ferry incident: More bodies from ship; transcript reveals wavering
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- MH192: Police to look into elements of sabotage
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- Three dead in 4-car accident in Klang
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google More
Free medical check-up for Socso members above 40
BATU PAHAT: Social Security Organisation (Socso) contributors over the age of 40 can now get free medical check-ups at 50 private clinics in the district.
A total of 34,793 people will benefit from the move by Socso in Batu Pahat. They are entitled to a one-off full check-up to identify illnesses, especially non-communicable diseases such as high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes and cancer.
Socso Batu Pahat manager Jumak Abdullah said that, beginning this month, the organisation would bear the cost of the medical check-ups.
"We are concerned about workers' welfare. This is one of our bigger projects. We hope everybody in the district will take advantage of it," she said.
"Members have to use a special voucher that will be given out through employers."