- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
Free medical check-up for Socso members above 40
BATU PAHAT: Social Security Organisation (Socso) contributors over the age of 40 can now get free medical check-ups at 50 private clinics in the district.
A total of 34,793 people will benefit from the move by Socso in Batu Pahat. They are entitled to a one-off full check-up to identify illnesses, especially non-communicable diseases such as high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes and cancer.
Socso Batu Pahat manager Jumak Abdullah said that, beginning this month, the organisation would bear the cost of the medical check-ups.
"We are concerned about workers' welfare. This is one of our bigger projects. We hope everybody in the district will take advantage of it," she said.
"Members have to use a special voucher that will be given out through employers."