- MISSING MH370: Fishermen find life raft near PD
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: RMAF chief denies military radar report
- MISSING FLIGHT MH370: Get a good communicator More
MUAR: The futsal court at Kampung Tengah, Mukim Sungai Terap, here, was completed two months ago.
Village Security and Development Committees (JKKK) chairman Rashid Elias said the facility was open every evening. He said JKKK was trying to get youths to get together to play futsal.
“We want to form a team to represent the village in sub-district or district level futsal matches.”
Muar district officer Abdul Rahman Mohamed, who visited the village recently, said futsal was growing in popularity among youths.
He launched a friendly futsal match between a team from the district office and villagers.
“I hope residents will make use of the recreational facilities and enjoy them as this will boost socio-economic development in the community.
“I also hope JKKK will ensure that there is a cooperative effort to keep the amenities and facilities in a good condition,” Rahman added.
The RM150,000 allocation for the construction of the futsal court was provided by the Youth and Sports Ministry.