- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Son told him not to go More
MUAR: The futsal court at Kampung Tengah, Mukim Sungai Terap, here, was completed two months ago.
Village Security and Development Committees (JKKK) chairman Rashid Elias said the facility was open every evening. He said JKKK was trying to get youths to get together to play futsal.
“We want to form a team to represent the village in sub-district or district level futsal matches.”
Muar district officer Abdul Rahman Mohamed, who visited the village recently, said futsal was growing in popularity among youths.
He launched a friendly futsal match between a team from the district office and villagers.
“I hope residents will make use of the recreational facilities and enjoy them as this will boost socio-economic development in the community.
“I also hope JKKK will ensure that there is a cooperative effort to keep the amenities and facilities in a good condition,” Rahman added.
The RM150,000 allocation for the construction of the futsal court was provided by the Youth and Sports Ministry.