- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
SMOOTH DELIVERY: Cocorosco Sdn Bhd launches its range of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil-based products
JOHOR BARU: FOR hundreds of years, coconut oil has been used by many cultures in the tropics, not only as food but also for health and healing.
Cocorosco Sdn Bhd, a company in Pasir Gudang Industrial Estate, recently launched its range of virgin coconut oil-based products.
The cold-pressed virgin coconut oil is produced through a method that the company spent years perfecting with the Malaysian Agricultural Research Development Institute (Mardi).
Since 2008, Cocorosco has been collaborating with Mardi's Biotechnology Research Centre deputy director Dr Kamariah Long to develop and produce the ItWorks! Virgin Coconut Oil and a range of personal care products.
"It is no small feat producing virgin coconut oil," said Cocorosco chief technologist and managing director Low Moh Sing.
He said the production process began with the selection of quality raw materials coupled with the application of the appropriate production.
The products are then packaged, after which they are required to be properly stored up to the time of their delivery.
To ensure that the products are of the highest quality, Cocorosco strictly adheres to the Good Manufacturing Practices and Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points systems, said Low.
"Our virgin coconut oil has a delicate, coco-nutty aroma and is very easy on the palate," said Cocorosco marketing manager Joyce Chua.
The ItWorks! range of products are available at nutrition retail outlets, private clinics and the company's e-store at www.itworks.com.my. For details, call 07-252 2880.