- Tun M: Why keep the Causeway?
- Latest: More than 300 people missing after South Korea ferry sinks
- 54-year-old man first M'sian to die from MERS
- Russia rules artist who nailed scrotum to Red Square 'committed no crime'
- MH370 Tragedy: Anwar hits out at Singapore for supporting Malaysia
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub aborts again
- MH370 Tragedy: Mini-sub on second mission
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- MH370 Tragedy: American Navy ship involved in SAR docks at Westport
- MH370 Tragedy: Najib raps Anwar for absurd claims
- MH370 Tragedy: If filed, lawsuits by families might not get heard in US
- MH370 Tragedy: More countries offering help in SAR, says Hishammuddin
- Dr M: Muslims must portray Islam as simple religion
- Storm damages Tasik Heights Apartment residents' cars
- India election: Bollywood urges voters to shun Modi's party More
PM commends Genting Group for contribution to charity
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak spent more than 30 minutes to attend a luncheon with the Genting Group at KLCC today.
In his speech, Najib commended Genting chairman and chief executive Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay for the contribution made to the local community in charity and welfare.
The group had donated RM2 million to more than 100 welfare homes, charitable organisations and also non- governmental organisations
"I am delighted to be able to gather at this event with the people today. I can see that Genting Group is committed in giving back to the community."
The contribution was handed out in cheques to representatives from various charity bodies at the event later.