- MISSING MH370: Timeline of flight MH370
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- MISSING MH370: Loud noise reported, believed linked to missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Search for missing jet covers mountainous, forest areas
- MISSING MH370: Aviation expert suggests 6 reasons for disappearance
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam scales down SAR
- MISSING MH370: Military says missing jet changed course
- MISSING MH370: 600,000 scan satellites images for clues
- MISSING MH370: Unlikely to be terrorist event: Interpol head
- MISSING MH370: China says SAR efforts expanded to land areas More
KOTA TINGGI: Residents of Taman Kota Intan near here launched a fund recently to raise money to build a community hall.
Taman Kota Intan resident committee chairman Bani Salleh said the area’s 300 residents could use the facility for Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations, weddings and recreational activities.
“We plan to build a community hall first so that neighbours can gather for meetings and gotong-royong.We may build a surau later.
“We have collected RM342 so far. We hope the corporate sector can contribute to the cause.”
He is hoping that the Kota Tinggi District Council will give its approval for the building of the community hall at the children’s playground.
“It is good that the resident committee is working together on this as the voice of a single individual will not get much done,” said council member Mohd Taha Madon.
“Being a council member I am responsible for the community. I will do all I can to raise issues that they have with the local council.”