- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- NSTP wins big at MPI-Petronas Awards
- 7.5-quake rattles southern Mexico: USGS More
KOTA TINGGI: Residents of Taman Kota Intan near here launched a fund recently to raise money to build a community hall.
Taman Kota Intan resident committee chairman Bani Salleh said the area’s 300 residents could use the facility for Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations, weddings and recreational activities.
“We plan to build a community hall first so that neighbours can gather for meetings and gotong-royong.We may build a surau later.
“We have collected RM342 so far. We hope the corporate sector can contribute to the cause.”
He is hoping that the Kota Tinggi District Council will give its approval for the building of the community hall at the children’s playground.
“It is good that the resident committee is working together on this as the voice of a single individual will not get much done,” said council member Mohd Taha Madon.
“Being a council member I am responsible for the community. I will do all I can to raise issues that they have with the local council.”