- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Relatives, friends to gather at Beijing hotel
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Statement from MAS chief executive
- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Plane has been missing for 9 hours now
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Pix gallery
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: Nationalities of 239 passengers and crew
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER No signal picked up from missing plan
- PAC will not investigate Malaysia Airlines
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: MAS refutes claims aircraft ran out of fuel
- Mom shocked to find out 14-yr old daughter pregnant and victim of incest
- MISSING MALAYSIAN AIRLINER: China sends two ships to help in rescue work
- MAS should merge with other international airlines More
FEAST: Grand Blue Wave Hotel offers an array of delicious dishes for the Lunar New Year
JOHOR BAHRU: CHINESE New Year is back! In keeping with Chinese tradition, ang pow, lion dance and various delectable selections of feasts always abuzz the atmosphere of festive season.
Make this Year of Snake different by bringing along your family to Grand Blue Wave Hotel Johor Baru instead of having your feast at home.
Mark your calendar and set the date to try an array of dishes prepared by the chef.
Grand Blue Wave Hotel Chinese head chef Wong Kok Yuen and his team are serving their special Chinese New Year delicacies from now on till end of next month.
Three festive set menus are available for lunch and dinner; you may choose the nine course -- Great Prosperity Chinese set menu at your choice from RM588++ to RM1,188++ per table of 10 pax.
At Grand Blue Wave, menu for a table of six or eight to accommodate for smaller families are also available.
Traditionally, a toss is made to welcome the new year, hoping for prosperity and abundance. The crunchy and fresh salmon yee sang is included in every each set menu.
The chef suggests diners try their set four menu, consisting of their Chinese Emperor fried rice and steamed garoupa in Teow Chew-style or juicy stir fried tiger prawn with oats.
And also their irresistible braised bean curd stick with black mushroom. As for the dessert, one must try their sweetened sago with yam.
Private function room can be arranged with a minimum booking of three tables of 10 persons each.
Prior reservations are required. Diners are encourage to ask for recommendations when making reservations as there are many delicious dishes to choose from.
There are also Chinese New Year high tea promotions on every weekend. It is also available on the first and second day of Chinese New Year which falls on Feb 10 and 11.
Priced at RM45++ per adult and RM30++ for child and senior citizen, one can pick and enjoy a delicious array of dishes.
Yee sang to a better year ahead. For those who rather toss the new year at home, take away salmon yee sang is available at two sizes, RM80 nett (large) and RM45 nett (small).
Yee sang, a dish with a combination of raw salmon fish, vegetables and crisps, is a must have.
Part of the fun in eating yee sang is "the tossing" where diners use chopsticks to toss the ingredients as high as possible.
It is believed that higher the ingredients are tossed, the better the inflow of prosperity and good luck.
For reservation and further information, call 07-221 6666.