- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH192 Update: Aircraft lands safely at KLIA
- MH370 Tragedy: NOK committee to set date for 'no survivors' announcement
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- MH192: Passengers express relief and gratitude to heroic pilot
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- GOOGLE: Malaysia’s Top 10 Trending Searches on Google
- Tour bus tragedy updates : UK tourist identified as victim
- MH370 Tragedy: Police have recorded statements from 260 people
- MISSING MH370: Debris found at Straits of Malacca
- 'Unidentified plane is MH370'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- MISSING MH370: MAS 'shocked' by report on co-pilot
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 died
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars More
BATU PAHAT: Umno Johor Youth chief Zulkurnain Kamisan's Aidilfitri open house celebration recently saw a turnout of more than 10,000 guests.
Although this number was more than expected, there was no shortage of food and drinks to go around.
The event, which was held at the Dataran Parit Sulong, near here, was also attended by Deputy Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Razali Ibrahim, who is also national Umno Youth deputy chief, and Parit Sulong branch Umno chief, Datuk Ahmad Zahri Jamil.
Zulkurnain provided a buffet spread with a Johor menu which included traditional and local favourites like nasi briyani and boiled potatoes.
"The gathering was originally planned to be from 11am to 3pm but as the guests kept coming, we extended it to 4pm, as some guests came from far away," he said.
"Besides Barisan Nasional component leaders, the guests were generally members of the public, friends and youths."
Zulkurnain said that although he had hosted many Aidilfitri open house gatherings before, this was the first Hari Raya open house organised by him after he became Umno Johor Youth chief.
"I hope that my next open house will be even more joyous with an even bigger crowd," he said.