- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's maid unable to give statement yet
- Expert: Pilot may have attempted soft landing
- Karpal Singh's Death: Police were fully on duty until Karpal's cremation
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Young film director makes short film on selfish Malaysian drivers
- Councillor in critical condition after stabbed on chest
- Wenger wants Arsenal to prove their worth
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher More
LARKIN Sentral's management is planning to upgrade the retail area of the transport hub. Larkin Sentral building manager Yakop Haron said the plan is still in discussion and will be implemented in stages next year.
JOHOR BARU: "There are 700 business and bazaar lots at Larkin Sentral now, selling like food, drinks and clothes. We plan to upgrade them to make them more attractive to tourists," said Yakop.
He said this at a gotong-royong in Larkin Sentral market recently. Also present were Johor Baru City Council (MBJB) councillor Azman Dawam and Larkin Sentral operations chief Mohamad Mazlan Ali.
Some 200 traders from the Chinese Traders Association and the Malay Traders Association took part in the event, which also saw the participation from Syarikat Air Johor Sdn Bhd, SWM Environment Sdn Bhd and the district Fire and Rescue Department.
Yakop said: "We want Larkin Sentral to become like Pasar Payang in Terengganu or the Pasar Siti Khadijah in Kelantan which are popular with tourists.
"We also want to provide better infrastructure for Larkin Sentral's traders such as bigger trading spaces and better location," he said.
"We will also organise more gotong-royong to ensure the cleanliness of Larkin Sentral, especially the Larkin market."