- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Yang di-Pertua Negeri among thousands to bid farewell
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang
- MH370 Tragedy: Fox executive fired over charity email
- Karpal Singh's Death: Cortège arrives at crematorium More
LARKIN Sentral's management is planning to upgrade the retail area of the transport hub. Larkin Sentral building manager Yakop Haron said the plan is still in discussion and will be implemented in stages next year.
JOHOR BARU: "There are 700 business and bazaar lots at Larkin Sentral now, selling like food, drinks and clothes. We plan to upgrade them to make them more attractive to tourists," said Yakop.
He said this at a gotong-royong in Larkin Sentral market recently. Also present were Johor Baru City Council (MBJB) councillor Azman Dawam and Larkin Sentral operations chief Mohamad Mazlan Ali.
Some 200 traders from the Chinese Traders Association and the Malay Traders Association took part in the event, which also saw the participation from Syarikat Air Johor Sdn Bhd, SWM Environment Sdn Bhd and the district Fire and Rescue Department.
Yakop said: "We want Larkin Sentral to become like Pasar Payang in Terengganu or the Pasar Siti Khadijah in Kelantan which are popular with tourists.
"We also want to provide better infrastructure for Larkin Sentral's traders such as bigger trading spaces and better location," he said.
"We will also organise more gotong-royong to ensure the cleanliness of Larkin Sentral, especially the Larkin market."