- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370: Hishammuddin: Four names in flight manifest under probe
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers More
OPTIONS: Forty-seven vendors provide everything couples need to make their big day perfect
JOHOR BAHRU: A NEWLYWED couple was the star attraction at the opening ceremony of Dunia Raja Sehari 6 at Angsana Mall recently.
The event was organised by World Event and Marketing Services and sponsored by Diamoney Jewellery Holdings Sdn Bhd.
Dunia Raja Sehari 6 is a one-stop centre for couples looking for wedding decorations, caterers, wedding cards, souvenirs, and fashion items as well as photographers.
The ceremony started with a kompang performance.
The couple -- Faiz Raime Abdul Rashid and Rina Hashim -- both 27, were married on Nov 9 last year, and this was their third wedding reception. They were ushered into a dais made by De Chinta Bridal. The yellow and black dais had the kerawang motif on the sofa.
Present at the event were Umno Johor Baru division youth chief Khalid Mohamed and Diamoney Jewellery Holdings Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Hubert Ng, among others.
The bride looked radiant in the necklace, ear rings and a tiara which were sponsored by Diamoney.
Khalid placed a "ring" on his bride's finger and this was followed by the merenjis (sprinkling of rosewater) ceremony. Guests were later treated to a makan beradat.
World Event and Marketing Services project manager Zek Ayry Khan Zarak Khan said the company began doing this since April 2011.
"We hope to hit RM4 million in sales. Last year, we raked in RM2.5 million," said Zek.
Visitors were amazed by the many promotional offers the 47 vendors provided at their respective booths.
Those who made purchases at the booths were entitled to a RM30 Diamoney voucher. A lucky draw coupon was given to those who made purchases from RM500 onwards.
The lucky draw prizes included RM10,000 worth of Diamoney jewelleries, a motorcycle, furniture set and hotel stays.
Zek said Dunia Raja Sehari 7 will be held again from June 21 to 30 at the mall.
Meanwhile, Khalid, who is also Johor Baru City Councillor, said the event is a platform for wedding entrepreneurs as their services are required all the time.
"The event will help couples plan their wedding better and ease their burden so that they can enjoy their big day," said Khalid.