- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- MH370 Tragedy: US denies MH370 'cover-up'
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's body arrives in Penang residence More
OPTIONS: Forty-seven vendors provide everything couples need to make their big day perfect
JOHOR BAHRU: A NEWLYWED couple was the star attraction at the opening ceremony of Dunia Raja Sehari 6 at Angsana Mall recently.
The event was organised by World Event and Marketing Services and sponsored by Diamoney Jewellery Holdings Sdn Bhd.
Dunia Raja Sehari 6 is a one-stop centre for couples looking for wedding decorations, caterers, wedding cards, souvenirs, and fashion items as well as photographers.
The ceremony started with a kompang performance.
The couple -- Faiz Raime Abdul Rashid and Rina Hashim -- both 27, were married on Nov 9 last year, and this was their third wedding reception. They were ushered into a dais made by De Chinta Bridal. The yellow and black dais had the kerawang motif on the sofa.
Present at the event were Umno Johor Baru division youth chief Khalid Mohamed and Diamoney Jewellery Holdings Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Hubert Ng, among others.
The bride looked radiant in the necklace, ear rings and a tiara which were sponsored by Diamoney.
Khalid placed a "ring" on his bride's finger and this was followed by the merenjis (sprinkling of rosewater) ceremony. Guests were later treated to a makan beradat.
World Event and Marketing Services project manager Zek Ayry Khan Zarak Khan said the company began doing this since April 2011.
"We hope to hit RM4 million in sales. Last year, we raked in RM2.5 million," said Zek.
Visitors were amazed by the many promotional offers the 47 vendors provided at their respective booths.
Those who made purchases at the booths were entitled to a RM30 Diamoney voucher. A lucky draw coupon was given to those who made purchases from RM500 onwards.
The lucky draw prizes included RM10,000 worth of Diamoney jewelleries, a motorcycle, furniture set and hotel stays.
Zek said Dunia Raja Sehari 7 will be held again from June 21 to 30 at the mall.
Meanwhile, Khalid, who is also Johor Baru City Councillor, said the event is a platform for wedding entrepreneurs as their services are required all the time.
"The event will help couples plan their wedding better and ease their burden so that they can enjoy their big day," said Khalid.