- African student shot dead near college in Mantin
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Taib's son spared jail as court strikes out ex-wife's contempt application
- Couple to hang for murdering maid
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Billion-ringgit undersea cable project
- Home Ministry bans publication of 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- PM: Malaysia hopes to develop stronger links with British industry
- 2 German tourists assaulted in George Town
- TV3 seeks review of defamation ruling by Appeals Court
- Alzheimer's disease may kill as many as cancer in US
- SHOWBIZ: Sherlock’s big secret
- Nation's interests before my own popularity, says Najib More
IPOH: The BP Healthcare Group recently opened its Specialist Centre Ipoh which acts as a one-stop centre for medical check-ups.
Guest-of-honour Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha praised the group for initiating a centre of excellence in the healthcare industry.
Also present were mayor Datuk Roshidi Hashim and BP Healthcare Group founder Datuk Beh Chun Chuan.
More than 800 people who attended the event were given free health checks and goodie bags.
BP group executive director Chevy Beh said the centre was a key indication of BP Healthcare's strong growth in the local healthcare and wellness industry.
"Since the group's inception in 1982, it has served more than 35 million people."
The integrated health centre is equipped with high-tech digitised imaging and radiology services such as 128-slice CT scan, ultrasound and gastroscopy.
Services offered include dental care, blood and urine tests, electrocardiogram (ECG), stress tests, lung function tests, X-rays, bone density, pre-marital check-ups and vaccinations.
It is located in Jalan Raja Permaisuiri Bainun (formerly known as Jalan Kampar), here. By Diana Yeoh