- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities hope to deploy more AUVs: Hishammuddin
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Search to be most costly ever at US$100mil: analysts
- Karpal Singh's Death: Liong Sik describes Karpal as a cheeky student
- UPDATE: 6 dead, 9 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Everest Avalanche updates: 12 killed, 3 missing
- Iran nuclear deal proves elusive
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Karpal Singh's Death: Some mourners are still in disbelief
- Don't be apologetic in defending national interests, media told
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- Public urged to take precautionary measures against MERS More
IPOH: The BP Healthcare Group recently opened its Specialist Centre Ipoh which acts as a one-stop centre for medical check-ups.
Guest-of-honour Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha praised the group for initiating a centre of excellence in the healthcare industry.
Also present were mayor Datuk Roshidi Hashim and BP Healthcare Group founder Datuk Beh Chun Chuan.
More than 800 people who attended the event were given free health checks and goodie bags.
BP group executive director Chevy Beh said the centre was a key indication of BP Healthcare's strong growth in the local healthcare and wellness industry.
"Since the group's inception in 1982, it has served more than 35 million people."
The integrated health centre is equipped with high-tech digitised imaging and radiology services such as 128-slice CT scan, ultrasound and gastroscopy.
Services offered include dental care, blood and urine tests, electrocardiogram (ECG), stress tests, lung function tests, X-rays, bone density, pre-marital check-ups and vaccinations.
It is located in Jalan Raja Permaisuiri Bainun (formerly known as Jalan Kampar), here. By Diana Yeoh