- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Fake passport bearers bought tickets together
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: PM: Govt will review all protocols, upgrade KLIA's security
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Debris near Tho Chu island not from MH370
- MISSING MH370: Chinese passengers family members arrive at KLIA
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Search in coastal areas
- MISSING MH370: US dispatch two ships, aircraft to assist SAR operation
- Chong Wei is king again
- MISSING MH370: Family of Texas man comforted by faith More
EXCITING: The Ipoh International Dancesport Competition will see local and foreign dancers aged 6 to 70 competing in various categories
IPOH: IPOH folk are in for a good time when the Ipoh International Dancesport Competition at Kinta Riverfront commences on Saturday.
The event is organised by MY Dancesport Studio in collaboration with the Perak Society of Performing Arts. There will be two sessions -- the day event (10am to 4.30pm) and the finals (6.30pm to 11pm).
Some 250 dancers, aged 6 to 70, will be competing in the championship in the various categories.
The categories include the beginner, pre-novice, novice, pre-am, amateur rising star, amateur open and group competitions.
Several new events will also be introduced such as the solos for those under 8, 12 and 16. There are also entries from Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and China.
MY Dancesport principal Yeap Yen Chin said the competition is aimed at providing a platform for ballroom dancers to perform in public.
"It also helps to promote dancing such as the rumba, salsa, samba, mambo and tango as a healthy sports among people of all ages.
"The top three winners will walk away with RM7,000 each," she said.
Tickets are priced at RM30 (day event/free seating) and RM80/RM120/RM160 and RM200 per person ( dinner).
For bookings, call 05-548 7814/012-516 2708/012-512 5532.