- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia, Australia vow to keep searching
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- Proton eyes China production
- MH370 Tragedy: ROV to replace AUV?
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- BMW launches 420i coupe
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher More
EXCITING: The Ipoh International Dancesport Competition will see local and foreign dancers aged 6 to 70 competing in various categories
IPOH: IPOH folk are in for a good time when the Ipoh International Dancesport Competition at Kinta Riverfront commences on Saturday.
The event is organised by MY Dancesport Studio in collaboration with the Perak Society of Performing Arts. There will be two sessions -- the day event (10am to 4.30pm) and the finals (6.30pm to 11pm).
Some 250 dancers, aged 6 to 70, will be competing in the championship in the various categories.
The categories include the beginner, pre-novice, novice, pre-am, amateur rising star, amateur open and group competitions.
Several new events will also be introduced such as the solos for those under 8, 12 and 16. There are also entries from Thailand, Singapore, Hong Kong and China.
MY Dancesport principal Yeap Yen Chin said the competition is aimed at providing a platform for ballroom dancers to perform in public.
"It also helps to promote dancing such as the rumba, salsa, samba, mambo and tango as a healthy sports among people of all ages.
"The top three winners will walk away with RM7,000 each," she said.
Tickets are priced at RM30 (day event/free seating) and RM80/RM120/RM160 and RM200 per person ( dinner).
For bookings, call 05-548 7814/012-516 2708/012-512 5532.