RESIDENTS of Kampung Papan Lama Pusing here were shocked to see firemen in their village recently.
BATU GAJAH: The firefighters were however not there to douse any fire.
They were in the village to catch a three-metre-long cobra.
Batu Gajah Fire and Rescue Department Station spokesman said it received a call at 8.17pm.
A team of five men rushed to the village.
Initially, the snake hid in an alley between two houses.
In the ensuing commotion, the reptile slithered into one of the houses, forcing the occupants to rush out before the firemen managed to trap and catch it.
The snake was later handed over to the Department of Wildlife and National Parks.