- MH370 Tragedy: Drone diving to record level in plane search
- MH370 Tragedy: Bluefin-21 completes 6th mission, 7th mission commences
- Karpal Singh's Death: The final tour
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- Karpal Singh's Death: Nawawi apologises to Karpal's family
- Karpal Singh's Death: Grandson dreamt about playing football with him
- 'Johor won't budge on Friendship Bridge'
- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- MH370 Tragedy: Authorities roping in private companies assets to assist SAR
- Tour bus falls into ravine, 1 dies
- MH370 Tragedy: Search in 44th day, sea bed scans could end in days
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Yang di-Pertua Negeri among thousands to bid farewell
- Karpal Singh's Death: The Tiger is finally put to rest
- Karpal Singh's Death: Hearse leaves Karpal's home, heads for Dewan Sri Pinang More
KEPALA BATAS: The Alliance University College of Medical Sciences (AUCMS) has received approval from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency to conduct five new diploma courses.
AUCMS vice-chancellor Datuk Mohamad Razak said the five programmes were business management, marketing, sports science and fitness, food science and occupational safety.
He said they would be conducted in Bahasa Malaysia.
Mohamad said the minimum requirement for the programmes were three credits in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).
He said the duration of the new courses would be three years, with fees ranging from RM22,000 to RM24,000.
"We expect the first intake to start in July. One of our aims is to contribute to the development of sports in the country.
"The diploma is designed to groom top-notched athletes, particularly footballers."
With the five new programmes, he said, AUCMS had become a one-stop tertiary education centre for medicine, health studies and business courses.
Mohamad said AUCMS would soon launch its own educational television programme to encourage more Malaysians to study medicine locally. By Phuah Ken Lin