- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- MH370 Tragedy: New independent international investigative team established
- MH370 Tragedy: No hesitation from Petronas to find new assets for search
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- Siberian husky crashes car into Mercedes in supermarket
- US actress Jodie Foster marries girlfriend
- Man died while trying to save a puppy
- Proton eyes China production
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot's brothers seen carry clothes and toiletries
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- Search to go on, says Aussie PM More
LANGKAWI: THE Meritus Hotels and Resorts in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and China is offering free WiFi for all its guests.
The complimentary WiFi service is available not only in guest rooms but everywhere in the hotel, and guests can go online with up to three devices.
Guests will have sufficient bandwidth to exchange data across networks and social media channels, and download and upload files.
Premium bandwidth packages are also available for heavy users to stream high-definition videos and download movies.
Meritus Hotels and Resorts regional vice-president of revenue Maria Taylor said free and efficient WiFi connectivity was becoming an important benchmark for hotel guests.
"By offering value-added services and adopting it as a brand standard, we ensure that we are meeting the ever-evolving needs of our guests and remaining at the forefront of a highly competitive industry," she said in a recent statement.
Meanwhile, the group's Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort and Spa, which is at Pantai Cenang here, also recently earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence -- an award honouring hospitality excellence.
The award is given to establishments that consistently get outstanding reviews from travellers on the TripAdvisor site.
Only 10 per cent of the top-performing businesses listed on the site received the award.
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort and Spa marketing and communications manager Andrea Lynn Pereira said the resort was ecstatic to receive the recognition.
"We always strive to offer our customers a memorable experience.
"This accolade is evidence that our hard work has translated into positive reviews on TripAdvisor," she said.