- Anwar guilty of sodomy, gets five years jail
- Taib's son spared jail as court strikes out ex-wife's contempt application
- African student shot dead near college in Mantin
- Hasni: We haven't lost our right
- Xbox One makes hot debut as console war revs up
- Nintendo forecasts net loss, slashes Wii U sales target
- Couple to hang for murdering maid
- Billion-ringgit undersea cable project
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final
- Anwar sodomy trial: Defence witness was not consistent with his testimony
- Home Ministry bans publication of 'Ultraman The Ultra Power'
- 2 German tourists assaulted in George Town
- PM: Malaysia hopes to develop stronger links with British industry
- Nation's interests before my own popularity, says Najib
- TV3 seeks review of defamation ruling by Appeals Court More
SERI MANJUNG: The police and the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) held their respective Hari Raya open houses on the tail end of the month-long festivities.
About 500 staff members, their families and guests attended the open house at the police's district headquarters, here.
Manjung district police chief Assistant Commissioner Jaafar Baba and organising committee members welcomed the guests upon arrival.
Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha was the guest-of-honour.
Also present were Perak police chief Deputy Commissioner Datuk Pahlawan Mohd Shukri Dahlan, his deputy Senior Assistant Commissioner Datuk Pahlawan Zakaria Yusof, Orang Besar Jajahan Manjung Datuk Ab Wahab Azizul Hassan, Manjung district officer Zamari Mohamad Ramli, Manjung district council president Datuk Zamry Man and Royal Malaysian Navy Fleet Headquarters Commander Vice-Admiral Abdul Hadi Abd Rashid.
MMEA District Three enforcement chief Captain Ang Cheng Hwa and MMEA Lumut operations director Captain Abdul Razak Johan received some 250 guests, including staff and their families, at the Lumut base.
The two occasions featured delicious spreads of rendang, ketupat, lemang and satay, and distribution of duit raya to the children. By Peter Nunis