- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- WORLD CUP DRAW 2014: FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- FLOOD: More aid relief for victims in Kemaman
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FLOOD: East coast may be hit by second flood wave
- EPL: Fixture pile-up worries Wenger More
KUALA LUMPUR: Traffic congestion has been reported in the periphery of the city centre following the police closure of 58 roads due to the gathering organised today by a non-governmental organisation backed by opposition parties.
Kuala Lumpur Police, in a Facebook posting, said the roads were closed in stages from 6 am today, and that an announcement would be made on their reopening.
"The gathering of people would also necessitate traffic diversion," it said.
The NGO had planned for the gathering, purportedly to demand free and fair elections, at 2 pm at Dataran Merdeka but the square in the heart of the city has been declared out of bounds by Kuala Lumpur City Hall (BDKL) by way of a
The police Facebook posting named the closed roads as follows: Jalan Sungai Besi and the Sungai Besi roundabout; Pudu roundabout and Jalan Pudu; Jalan Kajang, Jalan Chan Sow Lin heading to Jalan Tun Razak; Jalan Cochrane heading to
Jalan Tun Razak; Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Kondo Ezora and Jalan Sultan Ismail Embi.
Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Bukit Bintang, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Kia Peng, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Jalan Eaton, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Persiaran Stonor, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Lorong Kuda, Jalan Tun
Razak at the exit to Jalan Ampang, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Megan Phileo.
Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to the KLCC Underpass, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to the National Heart Institute, Jalan Tun
Razak at the exit to the Jalan Pahang roundabout, Jalan Tun Razak at the exits to the Putra World Trade Centre, Jalan Tun Razak at the exit to Jalan Tun Ismail and Jalan Kuching.
The Jalan Pahang roundabout at Jalan Genting Klang, Jalan Pekeliling-Jalan Ipoh-Jalan Rahmat, Jalan Tun Ismail-Jalan Putra, Jalan Putra-Jalan Raja Laut, Jalan Pahang-Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz-Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, Jalan
Mahameru at the exit to Jalan Parlimen, Jalan Mahameru at the exit to Wisma Tani, the Wisma Tani flyover, Jalan Mahameru at the exit to Carcosa.
Jalan Damansara-Jalan Travers, Jalan Bangsar-Jalan Travers, Jalan Travers-Jalan Damansara, Jalan KL Sentral-National Museum, Jalan Klang Lama-Federal Highway, Jalan Klang Lama-Salak Expressway, Federal Highway-Jalan
Syed Putra, Jalan Tun Sambathan-Jalan Sulaiman and Jalan Sulaiman. -- BERNAMA