- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- New PTPTN rules soon
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- A party determined to transform More
BUTTERWORTH: The Barisan Nasional (BN) election machinery should shift into high gear in preparation for the coming general election, said Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Ahmad Maslan.
He said this would help raise BN election machinery workers' enthusiasm to be in the state of preparedness for the general election and prompting component party leaders and members to close ranks.
"Now is the time to move into the fifth gear. Although we do not know when the general election will be held, we have to maintain the momentum that has been set.
"Be ready at any moment," he told reporters after launching the BN Youth election machinery for the Kadun (Perai) state constituency in Kampung Manis here today.
Ahmad, who is also Umno information chief, urged BN component parties to start launching election machineries at the division, branch and polling stream levels.
"With the launch of the election machineries, operations rooms could be opened while activities can be planned and get started.
"Party flags could be hoisted at home or operations rooms as long as they do not cause interference," he said. -- BERNAMA