- S. Korea Ferry incident: Body of boy who raised alarm believed found
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Parents of victims attack top official
- DAP's Nga chided over Tunship call
- White House national security aide Susan Rice to meet Anwar
- S'gor police bust biggest money laundering syndicate
- klia2 receives ICAO nod, first landing
- MH370 Tragedy: Opposition leader warned from speculating on missing plane
- Obama lookalike takes it in stride
- Firefly flight forced to turn back shortly after take off
- Dog attack victim doesn't want family to know ordeal
- Obama's visit a recognition for Malaysia, says Jamaluddin Jarjis
- It's Obama's right to see Anwar or not: Dr M
- Obama to launch MaGIC in Cyberjaya on Sunday
- MH370 Tragedy: MAS has settled about 96 per cent claims from Chinese families
- MH370 Tragedy: Malaysia to release preliminary report next week: PM More
KUALA LUMPUR: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak yesterday made an impassioned plea to the abductors of a 12-year-old schoolboy to release him.
The Dutch national, Nayati Shamelin Moodliar, was on his way to Mont Kiara International School at 7.40am when he was grabbed by two men into a black Proton Gen 2.
Najib tweeted: “I appeal as a father for Nayati not to be harmed in any way. Spoke directly to police IGP to investigate the matter.”
Nayati’s mother, Janice Smith, 40, said witnesses saw the men grabbing the boy from behind when he was standing at the junction of Jalan Kiara 1 and Jalan Kiara, while waiting for his friends to walk to school together.
She said it was usual for the seventh grade student to walk to school as it was only five minutes away from their home.
The boy’s family lived in one of the luxury condominiums at the area.
The boy’s father, Sham Moodliar, 41, said at the scene yesterday that his family only wanted the boy back.
“I beg the kidnappers to return our son. We won’t press any charges,” he said, adding that closed-circuit television recordings from a nearby condominium had been surren dered to the police.
The father, who works as a senior adviser in a Dutch management consultant company in the city, said there was no ransom demand.
The family was also clueless on the motive of the kidnapping as the couple had no prob lem with anyone. since they moved here eight months ago.
“Please, just drop him somewhere in a safe condition. He would know how to come home. We just want him back.” “If you want something, please contact us. Just do not harm our son.” He said the family could be contacted at 012-3656202.
The victim is the elder of two children.
Kuala Lumpur police chief Datuk Mohmad Salleh confirmed the report.
News of the abduction has gone viral on Twitter and Facebook, alerting the public to look out for Nayati.