- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Gerakan should go back to its basics'
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Uphold Constitution, says PM
- Introduction of SOSMA to replace ISA draws mixed reaction from law practitioners
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- 'Anwar using Red Bean Army to incite hatred'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- 'Umno to head Penang BN if Gerakan, MCA decline'
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- 260,000 jobs by year-end
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP More
IPOH: PAS is having difficulty securing Malay support in rural areas and Felda schemes, said its Information chief Datuk Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man.
He said this would make it difficult for the party to take on Umno in the Malay heartland.
One reason for this was PAS' inclusive approach whereby its programmes were too "party-centred", he said when opening Perak PAS's 16th convention here today.
Speaking to reporters afterwards, he said PAS had shorlisted its candidates for the upcoming general election and that a final decision on the successful ones would be made by the party's top leadership soon. - Bernama