- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Full text of Najib's speech at 2013 Umno General Assembly
- Police: US newlyweds killed man for thrills
- EPL: Fixture pile-up worries Wenger
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- WORLD CUP DRAW 2014: FIFA switches late England-Italy WCup kickoff time
- Nigerian farmers abandon food crops for cannabis: agency
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- FLOOD: East coast may be hit by second flood wave More
Don't forsake the future by supporting Opposition, says Najib
BERUAS: Datuk Seri Najib Razak reminded the people not to forsake their future by listening to the claims, allegations and promises made by the opposition because the Barisan Nasional (BN) government had proven all this while that it could ensure the prosperity of the people and country.
The Prime Minister said the BN had carried out many things to bring prosperity to the people including channelling various assistance because it had the capability to administer the country efficiently and effectively.
"The opposition's stories cannot be relied upon because they don't have the capacity to administer the country efficiently. Even now they seem to be in chaos. So, don't listen to them (opposition) if they come," he said in his speech at the programme "Sepagi Bersama Perdana Menteri" (One Morning With The Prime Minister) at the Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Changkat Beruas field, here today.
Najib said the government had also succeeded to reduce national debt and raise national income, despite the many assistance given to the people.
"This means that we are able to administer the country well, manage the national economy efficiently. (We) ensure that the national economy can continue to expand, national revenue increases, (and) when we achieve such success, we return the national wealth to the people," said the Prime Minister who was making a one-day visit to Perak today.
Referring to the various assistance given by the BN government to the people, he said the government was merely returning to the people the country's revenue.
"Does this make us an irresponsible government? Certainly if we return the national wealth to the people, it means that the government is giving priority to the people. As I have promised all this while, (where) for the past three years we practiced the concept (1Malaysia, People First, Performance Now)," he said. Najib said as such, if the opposition accused that the BN government was irresponsible, the accusation was incorrect.
An irresponsible government was one that used up the country's funds, and at the same time, (it) increased national debt merely to gain the support of the people, he said.
"As the general election approached near, only then do they give aid merely to gain votes without managing the national economy properly. That is an irresponsible government which does not think of the future of the country," he said.
He said such a government only wished to win the support of the people and wanted to be popular in any way possible which was different from the approach taken by the government under the BN.
At the function, Najib also announced an allocation of RM2 million each for the Changkat Cermin Mosque, Sekolah Jenis Kebangsaan (Cina) Tit Bin in Pantai Remis and a hall for the Indian community in the Beruas parliamentary constituency.
The Prime Minister also presented a special contribution in the form of a wheelchair and food items to 12 disabled and poor people. -- BERNAMA