- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- U.S. academics back BP in oil spill payouts battle
- Muhyiddin wants more aggresive promotion of Msian tourism products More
KUALA LUMPUR: The Employees Provident Fund (EPF) has asked the Immigration Department to bar 422 company directors from leaving the country until they have settled their workers’ contribution arrears.
“Their names have been submitted to Immigration. Stern action will be taken, including levy payment and civil suits, against errant employers and company directors,” said EPF general manager for public relations Nik Affendi Jaafar.
From January to March, 160 employers were fined a total of RM155,400 by the courts, while 255 civil suits and 892 criminal cases were filed against employers who had defaulted on their employees’ monthly contributions.
“Peransang Jati Sdn Bhd received the highest fine of RM4,000, followed by Asadra Sdn Bhd and Sentinel Security Services Sdn Bhd, which were each fined RM3,000.” Nik Affendi added that under the EPF Act 1991, all employers were obliged to submit their statutory monthly contributions for their employees before or on the 15th of every month.
“The courts usually allow the errant employers to settle the contribution arrears through up to six instalments. EPF will credit all outstanding contributions to members’ accounts upon receiving the full amount.” He urged members to check their EPF accounts frequently and make sure contributions were paid on time and accurately.