- Perodua offers more affordable, quality cars
- There is a need to rewrite Malaysian history - Tun Mahathir
- 'CCTV images may yield clue on hawker's fate'
- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan faces baby sex test inquiry
- Japan experts mull rules on chimeric embryos
- Lahad Datu police still investigating teen's abduction claim
- Police seeks killer who knifed 54-year-old man in Jalan Imbi
- Agong launches RM 600 million MSU campus
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Justin Bieber in traffic accident in Los Angeles
- Cops seize fake firearms
- Clearing up the wreckage
- Teen country singer Bradbery captures ’The Voice’ season crown
- Dating site for broody singles launches in Denmark
- EAT WELL: Salty signals More
KUALA LUMPUR: Felda settlers should be grateful and dismiss allegations by opposition leaders that the Barisan Nasional (BN) government neglected them from the mainstream of national development and modernisation.
Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said the windfall of RM15,000 for each Felda family proved the government's continuous concern for
He said the payment also showed that the government had never lied to the people and always made good of the promises made.
"However, this is not considered as a bait for the coming general election but is instead Felda's contribution to settlers for the profits made through
their products," he said in a statement here today.
Last Tuesday, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced that the government had allocated RM1.689 billion which would be distributed in cash to
112,635 families, to be paid in three phases.
The first payment of RM5,000 would be given to heads of households soon, followed by a second phase of RM5,000 for their wives in appreciation of their
The final instalment of RM5,000 will be distributed to the children of settlers after Felda Global Ventures Holdings Berhad (FGVHB) is listed on the
Bursa Malaysia next month.
Some 20,000 Felda officers and staff will receive an additional two-and-a-half months bonus this year.
He advised Felda settlers not to be easily influenced by the claims of opposition leaders that the government neglected them from the mainstream of
Ahmad Zahid, who is also Defence Minister, added that each settler should focus on what they had received from the government as well as the future of
their families. - Bernama