- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- Police capable of handling gathering in PJ - Ahmad Zahid
- Stone Temple Pilots sue ex-frontman Scott Weiland
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- Soccer: I got carried away with QPR, says ’naive’ Fernandes
- Paul Low resigns as Transparency International Malaysia president
- Police will appeal rejection of remand on trio, says Ahmad Zahid
- Opposition agreed to hold peaceful gatherings but did opposite - Zahid
- Malaysian couple joins Aussie's billionaire club
- 2 coaches leave Manchester United
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Giant Lego Star Wars X-Wing lands on NY's Times Square
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela More
LONDON: The opening ceremony for the 2012 Olympic Games got under way in front of a star-studded crowd of 80,000 spectators at London's Olympic Stadium.
Britain's newly crowned Tour de France cycling champion Bradley Wiggins launched proceedings, ringing the giant Olympic Bell stationed at one end of the stadium.