- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll reaches 121, 181 still missing
- MH370 Tragedy: Deeper search for Malaysian jet soon
- MH370 Tragedy: 'Unidentified material' under investigation
- Boy tied to a chair murder case in Malacca solved
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Divers feel with hands for corpses in cold depths
- Meeting Joyah Vegas
- MH370 probe team may be forced to ‘start again’
- Japanese oil tanker robbed, 3 kidnapped
- OCBC Malaysia's CEO resigns
- S.Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
- Two viciously attacked by dogs in Seremban
- MH370 Tragedy: 5 military aircraft continue air search despite poor weather
- "Don't cry mom," Huguan tells his mother
- MH192: Bangalore bound flight made an air turn-back
- MH370 Tragedy: Search reveals military vulnerability for China More
KUALA LUMPUR: Those getting the RM500 one-off aid under the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M) scheme will be informed via phone or letters.
Inland Revenue Board corporate communications director Norazirah Mohd Said said they would receive a cash voucher with their names and MyKad numbers on it by the middle of next month. Norazirah said those who qualified
would be notified by letters or phone calls. “Officers from the state secretariat offices in Barisan Nasional states will call or send letters to successful applicants based on the details given in the BR1M forms. Those in the opposition-led states will be notified by the federal Development Department officers of the results.
“They can pick up the vouchers at a venue to be decided by the officers later,” she told the New Straits Times yesterday. She said the IRB was only responsible for the registration and form submission process.