- BANTING MURDERS: N. Pathmanabhan, three farm hands gets death
- BANTING MURDERS: Judge praises police investigators
- Trio detained for making seditious remarks
- Five dead as police helicopter crashes in Venezuela
- BANTING MURDERS: Full Judgement
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- British soldier hacked to death by Muslim terrorist
- New passport improvement
- BANTING MURDERS: Guilty verdict brings closure for victims' families
- BANTING MURDERS: Chronology of events
- U.S. academics back BP in oil spill payouts battle
- Probe into teachers using social websites to slander govt - Ahmad Said
- Immigrations Dept keeping watchful eye over foreigners
- Graphic sex in applauded lesbian love story gets Cannes buzzing
- MACC begins investigation on payment in under-age rape victim case More
KUALA LUMPUR: Those getting the RM500 one-off aid under the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M) scheme will be informed via phone or letters.
Inland Revenue Board corporate communications director Norazirah Mohd Said said they would receive a cash voucher with their names and MyKad numbers on it by the middle of next month. Norazirah said those who qualified
would be notified by letters or phone calls. “Officers from the state secretariat offices in Barisan Nasional states will call or send letters to successful applicants based on the details given in the BR1M forms. Those in the opposition-led states will be notified by the federal Development Department officers of the results.
“They can pick up the vouchers at a venue to be decided by the officers later,” she told the New Straits Times yesterday. She said the IRB was only responsible for the registration and form submission process.