- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Actress Azean Irdawaty dies
- Malaysian sues U.S. govt
- Heavier prison sentence for policeman found guilty of incest
- Woman tied-up for 13 hours rescued by brother
- Customs men among 11 held in raids
- BR1M 2014 applications open from Mon to Jan 31
- Property owners protesting rate hike confused: Tengku Adnan
- 'Govt takes care of civil servants'
- Dutch prostitutes demand footballers' pension perks
- Mishandled bag delays KLIA flights
- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- Two major projects
- International flights grind to a halt
- Preparing for 2nd wave More
IPOH: A nine-year-old boy who was reported missing on Wednesday was found drowned in Sungai Kinta, Tanjung Tualang today.
Ipoh police chief ACP Azisman Alias said the victim, Yushairiezal Judin, was found floating at 10.50am by members of the public, about 45km from the spot where he was believed to have fallen into a drain in Syed Putra Camp, Tambun.
Police had sent the body to the Batu Gajah Hospital for a post-mortem. It was later claimed by the boy's family for burial at the Tambun cemetery, he said when contacted today.
In the incident on Wednesday, the boy's mother, Mazlinah Rintan @ Baki, 31, said her son went out to play football with his friends at 3pm but did not return by midnight on that day.-- BERNAMA