- One million residents in Selangor, KL to face water disruption from Tuesday
- 2 Mamak Gang members nabbed over pharmacy hold-up in Subang
- Two cops arrested for rape of Indonesian woman
- Teen escapes rape attempt in mall
- Water cuts in Selangor, KL next week
- Filthy, disabled children found at grim Australian incest farm
- Bad weather forces emergency landing for helicopter in Bintulu
- Anger over Mandela death 'picture'
- 'Fake' interpreter at Mandela event claims illness
- Queen Elizabeth went nuts over nibbles, court told
- Flower prices set to rise from Jan 1
- Chong Wei cruises to victory
- Newlywed pleads guilty to second-degree murder
- Cancer cases up 11%, breast cancer by a fifth: WHO
- Syabas: Water cut needed to upgrade treatment plant More
NIBONG TEBAL -- More than 20,000 people of various races from Penang and Perak attended the 1Malaysia Feast held at Kampung Simpang Tiga, Sungai Acheh here today.
The people's feast was also attended by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak who is on a one-day working visit to Penang.
Najib when addressing the guests said he did not expect so many people to turn up.
"This is the first time I am coming to Sungai Acheh and I am deeply touched with this warm reception. I thank all of your for your support, even though it is a rather hot day none of you opted to leave this event," he said.
Also present were former prime minister Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, who is also the MP for Kepala Batas, former Penang Barisan Nasional (BN) chairman Tan Sri Dr Koh Tsu Koon, who is also Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Penang Gerakan chairman Datuk Dr Teng Hock Nan and Penang Umno chief Datuk Zainal Abidin Osman.