- MISSING MH370: Man claims possible sighting of airliner
- MISSING MH370: Raja Bomoh arrives to help find missing plane
- MISSING MH370: Pilot: I established contact with plane
- MISSING MH370: Mystery deepens as oil, debris links ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Investigators chasing 'every angle'
- UPDATE: Missing aircraft's pilot makes contact, rescue mission resumes
- MISSING MH370: Search for vanished Malaysia jet widens as frustrations grow
- MISSING MH370: Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Kids begged father not to go
- MISSING MH370: Local media gather at Tok Bali maritime base
- MISSING MH370 : Businessman who cancels flight shocked over missing MAS plane
- MISSING MH370: Hijacking not ruled out
- MISSING MH370: Blame game not helping: Tun M
- MISSING MH370: Baggage of 5 who did not fly 'clean': DCA
- MISSING MH370: Pix Gallery Day 3 More
SUNGAI PETANI: A 31-year-old man, who has been on the run for the last six years, was charged at the magistrate's court here yesterday with murder.
Shahril Jaafar was charged with murdering snack food marketing executive Chee Gaik Yap, 25, at the compound of Kelab Cinta Sayang here between 5.30pm on Jan 14 and 3.05am on Jan 15, 2006.
No plea was recorded.
Deputy public prosecutor Lim Cheah Yit prosecuted.
Magistrate Raja Shahril Anuar Raja Baniamin fixed March 11 for mention to enable the DNA and chemist reports to be presented.
Chee, a Business Administration graduate from Universiti Utara Malaysia, was jogging with her younger sister when she was abducted.
Her semi-nude body was found nine hours later.
There was a 10-cm wound on top of her head, while her neck was almost severed.
A post-mortem report confirmed that Chee was raped after being knocked out by a heavy blow to the head.
At that time, she was only four months into her job.
Police arrested Shahril, who was on the run since 2006, at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang, Selangor, on Jan 17.
He had arrived from Perth, Australia, when police detained him.