- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Man sorry for assault on wife
- Man catches unique fish with horns
- 'He's alive!' Video emerges of ship's cook thought lost at sea
- Soi Lek confirms he will step down as president
- Spain surgeons cut giant 25kg tumour from woman's womb
- Universal shuts down 'Fast & Furious 7' production
- FLOOD : Pahang in a quandary
- FLOOD : Kemaman residents say this is the worst
- MAS chiefs 'not doing more'
- FLOOD : Man and son drown in Kuantan
- Suspect's parents say he is innocent
- Ustaz Kazim gives final verdict on Umno invite
- Woman killed in crash
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use More
PETALING JAYA: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak today attended the grand finale of the two-day Barisan Nasional (BN) Youth Music Festival at The Curve, Mutiara Damansara here and presented prizes to the winners.
The prime minister was accompanied by Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Noh Omar, and Umno Youth leader and BN Youth chairman Khairy Jamaluddin.
Speaking to reporters, Khairy said the prime minister was impressed with the BN Youth's approach in reaching out to young people through music rather than through traditionally means.
"We are engaging young people between 16 and 40 years through arts after being engrossed with events like job fairs and housing exhibitions," he said, adding that he planned to take the festival nationwide following overwhelming response from the public.
Skudap Skudip walked away with RM50,000 after being adjudged the battle of the band winner (RM20,000) and the overall winner (RM30,000).
Floorythm took home RM15,000 for lifting the group vocal title while Zarina Zahrain collected RM10,000 for winning the solo category. -- BERNAMA