- 4 killed in 3 cars and motorcycle crash at MRR2
- No extension — It’s 60 from July 1
- 18-year-old chef killed in motorcycle-taxi crash
- Govt agency head held over 'khalwat'
- 'Respect decision made by majority of Malaysians'
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Man held over housewife's death in abuse case
- Four die in 4-vehicle crash
- Preparing for the politics of change
- Nokia's affordable handphones
- Couple want missing daughter to return home
- Two in motorcycle convoy to Desaru killed in crash
- Faiq overcomes the odds
- Police confirm sex videos seizure of Pas leader
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into US parade More
PETALING JAYA: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak today attended the grand finale of the two-day Barisan Nasional (BN) Youth Music Festival at The Curve, Mutiara Damansara here and presented prizes to the winners.
The prime minister was accompanied by Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein, Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Minister Datuk Noh Omar, and Umno Youth leader and BN Youth chairman Khairy Jamaluddin.
Speaking to reporters, Khairy said the prime minister was impressed with the BN Youth's approach in reaching out to young people through music rather than through traditionally means.
"We are engaging young people between 16 and 40 years through arts after being engrossed with events like job fairs and housing exhibitions," he said, adding that he planned to take the festival nationwide following overwhelming response from the public.
Skudap Skudip walked away with RM50,000 after being adjudged the battle of the band winner (RM20,000) and the overall winner (RM30,000).
Floorythm took home RM15,000 for lifting the group vocal title while Zarina Zahrain collected RM10,000 for winning the solo category. -- BERNAMA