- Saiful Bukhari marries TV3 personality Nik Suryani Megat Deraman
- M'sian couple on Aussie rich list
- 20 ancient tombs unearthed near China's 3 Gorges reservoir
- 'Only two solutions to avert disaster'
- PKR to file Balik Pulau petition
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668,000
- University lecturers to boost English in schools
- Mom stabs 2-year old girl in head with scissors during tiff with hubby
- Malaysia targets 28 million foreign tourists next year - Nazri
- FA Cup premier league results
- Suspected rebels injure India ruling party leaders
- UK police question alleged soldier killer's friend
- Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole position for Monaco GP
- Reports: 27 indicted in Bari match-fixing inquiry
- Thousands throng temples nationwide More
KUCHING: Sarawak's most decorated soldier, double bravery medal winner, Datuk Kanang anak Langkau has passed away. He was 68.
The former Chief Warrant Officer 1 of the famed Royal Rangers, who was awarded the Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa (SP) and Panglima Gagah Berani (PG) gallantry medals during the emergency years (1963-1983), collapsed in his Sg Apong home when he complained of breathing difficulties about midnight.
His family then rushed him to the Sarawak General Hospital but Kanang died at about 1.45 am in the hospital.
Doctors have yet to disclose the cause of death.
Kanang was the last surviving recipient of the Sri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa award, the country's highest award for bravery. -- BERNAMA