- New PTPTN rules soon
- Lamborghini owners lodged report on evening of crash
- Moyes driving us mad!
- Half-naked body of girl found by roadside
- Josiah Ng out of intensive care, stable
- Islam to be religion of federation, says Najib
- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Murder of 3 sisters: Mother pleas for stop on rumours
- Three Lamborghinis go up in flames in pile-up
- 2013 SEA GAMES: Malaysia wins first gold from Wushu
- Stiff Everton test for Gunners
- PM, sultan to open bridge today
- FLOOD: Victims in Dungun use tents at relief centres
- Football: Manchester United suffer another home defeat
- FLOOD: Worsening situation in Pahang, Terengganu More
KUCHING: Sarawak's most decorated soldier, double bravery medal winner, Datuk Kanang anak Langkau has passed away. He was 68.
The former Chief Warrant Officer 1 of the famed Royal Rangers, who was awarded the Seri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa (SP) and Panglima Gagah Berani (PG) gallantry medals during the emergency years (1963-1983), collapsed in his Sg Apong home when he complained of breathing difficulties about midnight.
His family then rushed him to the Sarawak General Hospital but Kanang died at about 1.45 am in the hospital.
Doctors have yet to disclose the cause of death.
Kanang was the last surviving recipient of the Sri Pahlawan Gagah Perkasa award, the country's highest award for bravery. -- BERNAMA