- 3 Lamborghinis up in flames
- Two killed in six-vehicle pile up near Senawang
- Flood relief boat capsized, six passengers escape death
- FATAL CRASH
- FLOOD : 2 roads in Kemaman, Hulu Terengganu closed due to erosion
- Baby among 3 killed in Kubang Kerian crash
- FLOOD : Kuantan town centre almost paralysed, 37,100 evacuated in 4 states
- Return of the archer
- Death of Mandela: Mandela a leader I admire most: Dr M
- Selangor religious dept urged to strengthen enforcement
- Hockey: Malaysia beat New Zealand 3-2 in Junior World Cup match
- Anwar's creepy cameo
- MKN urged to acquire contingency assets that matches needs
- Floods fail to deter couple
- Nadal downs old rival Federer to reach final More
PUTRAJAYA: Newly appointed Chief Secretary to the Government (KSN) Datuk Dr Ali Hamsa starts his first day in office today with a pledge to take public service to a higher level.
At the same time, he urged civil servants to improve their productivity to ensure that the goals and objectives set by the government are achieved.
""Alhamdulillah, I was appointed the 13th KSN and will try my best to carry out the duties," he told reporters after scanning the punch card at his office in Bangunan Perdana Putra here.
Ali, 57, whose appointment was effective June 24 replaced Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan.
He was director-general of the Public-Private Partnership Unit in the Prime Minister's Department.
Ali started his first day as KSN by calling on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and attending meetings at parliament house yesterday. Bernama