- MISSING MH370: Pilot's niece concerned over his safety
- MISSING MH370: Co-pilot family awaits for latest updates
- MISSING MH370: Gong Kedak base abuzz with activities
- MISSING MH370 : Massive search off south Vietnam coast
- MISSING MH370: Father of MAS engineer shocked over news of son missing
- MISSING MH370 : MAS 'lost contact' with plane carrying 239 people
- MISSING MH370: Malaysia Airlines has one of Asia's best safety records
- MISSING MH370: Families in shock
- MISSING MH370: PM says still no sign of missing plane
- MH370: 24 hours later, still categorised as missing
- MISSING MH370 : List of missing passengers
- MH370: Search and rescue efforts continue off Kelantan coast
- MISSING MH370 : Public urged not to speculate news
- MISSING MH370: 3 Americans on missing MAS airliner
- MISSING MH370 : Pilot is Capt Zaharie Ahmad Shah More
KUALA LUMPUR – Proton Holdings Bhd’s new model, codenamed P3-21A, is a global car in many aspects, said its Senior Director Operations, Dr Wolfgang Karl Epple.
Epple said this is because experts from all over the world were involved in the processes to develop and design the car.
“We have international benchmark processes such as the simulation. The team that developed the car is also international. We got experts from Italy, France, Germany, Korea, (involved) in the development of the car,” he told reporters at Proton's “Power of 1” event at Bukit Jalil Stadium, here today.
The components for the P3-21A also came from various parts of the world including Australia, Europe, Korea and Japan, he said.
“Components and ingredients are global as well. If you put global ingredients in the components, people, processes, styling and packaging, you get something which is global,” Epple said.
The P3-21A is built on four pillars which are styling, safety, performance and convenience, he added.
Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd’s Head of Styling, Engineering Division, Azlan Othman said the P3-21A is the result from the collaboration with Italian-based Italdesign Giugiaro, that would bring Proton to the next level in the aspects of design.
“It’s a global car that will bring Proton to the next level. It is something exciting and illustrates Proton’s new corporate direction and image. The theme of P3-21A is timeless beauty and design, one that is able to transcend time,” he told reporters here.
Azlan said that Proton had looked at all perspectives in the aspect of the elements of the car. “At the front, there’s a clear illustration of a new corporate look for Proton. We call that a single graphic image,” he said.
According to Azlan, his team had spent almost a year in Italy to work with Italdesign Giugiaro in creating the design for P3-21A. “We wanted to have new ideas, different views and perspectives,” he said.
Describing the P3-21A as a “moving sculpture”, Azlan said that buying the car is like paying for “a lot of cars” as it is truly a global car. -– Bernama