- Karpal Singh's Death: A picture of grief at the hospital
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tiger of Jelutong’s lust for political trailblazing
- Karpal Singh's Death: "I told him to only go back this morning", says Gobind
- Karpal Singh's Death: Bukit Gelugor MP killed in crash, son injured
- MH370 Tragedy: Approach may be reviewed if no concrete evidence: Hishammuddin
- Paloh assemblyman, son injured, wife killed in accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Lorry driver relates fatal accident
- Karpal Singh's Death: Tributes pour in
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Pix gallery day 2
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Transcript shows ferry captain delayed evacuation
- Karpal Singh's Death: He was St Xavier's Institution most illustrious son
- S. Korea Ferry Incident: Death toll rises, hopes fade for hundreds missing
- Plane may be intact on seafloor, says expert
- Karpal Singh's Death: Karpal's residence filled with mourners
- Karpal Singh's Death: Coffee with less sugar, Karpal's favourite - Shop owner More
KUALA LUMPUR – Proton Holdings Bhd’s new model, codenamed P3-21A, is a global car in many aspects, said its Senior Director Operations, Dr Wolfgang Karl Epple.
Epple said this is because experts from all over the world were involved in the processes to develop and design the car.
“We have international benchmark processes such as the simulation. The team that developed the car is also international. We got experts from Italy, France, Germany, Korea, (involved) in the development of the car,” he told reporters at Proton's “Power of 1” event at Bukit Jalil Stadium, here today.
The components for the P3-21A also came from various parts of the world including Australia, Europe, Korea and Japan, he said.
“Components and ingredients are global as well. If you put global ingredients in the components, people, processes, styling and packaging, you get something which is global,” Epple said.
The P3-21A is built on four pillars which are styling, safety, performance and convenience, he added.
Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Sdn Bhd’s Head of Styling, Engineering Division, Azlan Othman said the P3-21A is the result from the collaboration with Italian-based Italdesign Giugiaro, that would bring Proton to the next level in the aspects of design.
“It’s a global car that will bring Proton to the next level. It is something exciting and illustrates Proton’s new corporate direction and image. The theme of P3-21A is timeless beauty and design, one that is able to transcend time,” he told reporters here.
Azlan said that Proton had looked at all perspectives in the aspect of the elements of the car. “At the front, there’s a clear illustration of a new corporate look for Proton. We call that a single graphic image,” he said.
According to Azlan, his team had spent almost a year in Italy to work with Italdesign Giugiaro in creating the design for P3-21A. “We wanted to have new ideas, different views and perspectives,” he said.
Describing the P3-21A as a “moving sculpture”, Azlan said that buying the car is like paying for “a lot of cars” as it is truly a global car. -– Bernama