- Kidnapped Taiwanese tourist rescued by Philippines security forces
- Indonesian Muslims protest Christmas in Aceh
- 'Errant drivers are cheating the system'
- 'No jobs for medical grads next year'
- I listen to people's plight, says Najib
- Firemen rescue 152 children, teens trapped on Bukit Broga
- Mourinho feels the heat
- After 50 years Cubans can now buy, sell cars
- Five Indian policemen accused of gangraping teenager
- Chinese billionaire missing after France helicopter 'crash'
- Wisma Putra's dilemma
- Dengue bites harder, hospitals swamped
- SEA GAMES: Women's football squad miss bronze, lose 0-6 to Myanmar
- Six people killed in an accident at Kampung Pandan
- Rosmah receives 'Global Inspirational Leadership' award More
PETALING JAYA:Animal lovers shed tears and a few shouted profanities at the two owners of Petknode who were let off with RM200 fine for each of the 30 charges of neglecting pets left in their care last Hari Raya holidays.
They had previously pleaded guilty to the offence and were sentenced this morning. The duo paid a total fine of RM6000.
Angry pet owners expressed their shock and anger that the duo, Shahrul Azuwan Adanan, from Batang Kali, and Yushairi Khairuddin, from Port Dickson,were let off with only a fine.
Magistrate K.B. Elena Hong Tze Lan said she was bound by the provisions in the Animal Act to allow the duo to pay a fine over a jail term.
Affected pet owners indicated outside the courtroom that they were looking at taking civil action against Petknode.