- MAS served beyond its normal duties: CEO
- 66,000 ICs issued to Sabah immigrants
- ‘ Accept reality, Anwar’
- Mother, daughter stranded at airport
- Birthday outing takes tragic turn
- Zahid: Probe into Lahad Datu intrusion completed
- Malaysia Airlines helps mum, child
- Mama proposes RM6,000 fee
- Guan Eng: State govt has the right to hold rally
- Malaysians easy target for London tricksters
- 'Rule of law crucial to nation's integrity'
- Water woes for KL, Selangor folk
- EPL: Wenger vows to spend
- SUDIRMAN CUP: Kim Her stands by fading pair
- “I thought I knew him...” More
KUALA TERENGGANU: Terengganu Pas Youth chief Mohd Nor Hamzah has urged DAP national chairman Karpal Singh to quit politics because his “outdated views” had become a liability to Pakatan Rakyat.
Nor, who is also Bukit Payung assemblyman, said Karpal’s media outbursts against the implementation of hudud had strained the relationship among Pakatan Rakyat parties. “Hudud implementation is our party’s agenda.
“He (Karpal) should resign to allow leaders who can handle issues like hudud to step up.
"Although Pas has stressed that hudud is for Muslims, Karpal continues attacking Pas leaders.
"If he does not understand the issue, he should ask for a clarification instead of outbursts through the media."
Nor said he was fully behind the Pas Youth leadership on the issue.
He urged Pas and other Pakatan Rakyat party leaders to meet so that everyone could be clear about the implementation of hudud.
Asked whether such a meeting would be useful as similar meetings in the past had failed to change Karpal's stance, Nor said: "That is exactly why Pakatan needs younger and more dynamic leaders who can handle the issue better."
Karpal's latest outburst on hudud followed Nasrudin's statement during a debate with Umno Youth's Fathul Bari Mat Jahaya that Karpal had become more agreeable to implementation of hudud. Karpal refuted this. Additional reporting by A. Azim Idris