- Police classify death of man in lock-up as murder
- 18 protestors detain for ignoring police orders to disperse
- Police deny photo of Adam Adli being handcuffed was taken at the Jinjang police station
- 'Opposition reps are anarchists': Tunku Aziz
- Atheists are good if they do good, Pope Francis says
- Public advised not to visit places with leptospirosis cases
- Britain calls emergency meeting after man killed in London
- Three people killed in road accident
- PKR may postpone party election this November
- Officials: Suspect lunged at FBI agent with knife
- Toddler drowns in pail of water
- RON97 price down by 20 sen
- Facebook joins Web freedom group
- US scientist committed suicide, not murdered: pathologists
- US test-launches intercontinental missile More
Prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak announced a windfall totalling RM1.689 billion to more than 112,000 Felda settlers with the listing of Felda Global Ventures Holdings.
The announcement was made at a special gathering with the Felda community at Felda Jengka 8 near Jerantut today.
For the first phase, each settler will receive RM5,000 followed by RM5,000 for their spouse in the second phase and another RM5,000 for the second generation during the third phase of the payment.
He also announced a two and a half months additonal bonus to Felda staff.
Each Felda settler family will receive RM15,000 windfall apart from other goodies including opportunity to buy shares and benefits from trust fund which hold 20 per cent equity in Felda Global Ventures Holdings.