- Dr M: Umno contest may prove detrimental
- Crying need to solve haze problem
- Return RM1.8 Million: “No man should enrich himself unjustly,” rules judge
- Water cuts in KL, Selangor
- 'Continuous piling will damage other buildings'
- Tabung Haji quota reduced by 20 per cent
- Developer ordered to pay back RM1.8m in condo fees
- A 78kg monster
- New threats to palm oil
- PM urges caution as haze worsens
- New Zealand boy, 11, fathers child to woman, 36
- Thai Buddhist monks criticized for lavish behavior
- Proton to cut prices on all models
- Mandela's wife thanks world for 'love, generosity
- Football: Ferguson's first Man Utd team sheet for sale More
KUALA LUMPUR - The Meteorological Department today issued an orange-level alert with forecast of storm and heavy rain Selangor, Perak and Kuala Lumpur until tonight.
In a statement issued here today, the department said the areas expected to be affected are Kuala Kangsar, Kinta and Batang Padang in Perak; Sabak Bernam, Kuala Selangor, Gombak, Petaling, Klang and Hulu Langat in Selangor and the whole of Kuala Lumpur .
The same weather condition is also expected in Sepang and Putrajaya.
It said the situation might cause flash floods in the affected areas. -- BERNAMA