- Over 100,000 participate in anti-govt rally, Thai election on Feb 2
- 'Sound of Music' actress dies at 91
- Haniff Omar's son dies after falling into drain
- Saudi beheads man for incest
- A town that's on its way to become a city
- Bangladesh Islamist to be hanged after midnight
- Singapore Riot : Malaysia always in state of prepareness
- Netanyahu missing Mandela memorial for cost reasons: media
- China sex workers face 'harsh' detention: rights group
- 5 Indian nationals killed in crash
- Undentified lorry driver flees after hit-and-run crash
- Gunmen kill eight Kenyans near Somali border: police
- CYCLING: Josiah in major crash
- First catenary traffic light launched
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Castro More
KUALA LUMPUR - The Meteorological Department today issued an orange-level alert with forecast of storm and heavy rain Selangor, Perak and Kuala Lumpur until tonight.
In a statement issued here today, the department said the areas expected to be affected are Kuala Kangsar, Kinta and Batang Padang in Perak; Sabak Bernam, Kuala Selangor, Gombak, Petaling, Klang and Hulu Langat in Selangor and the whole of Kuala Lumpur .
The same weather condition is also expected in Sepang and Putrajaya.
It said the situation might cause flash floods in the affected areas. -- BERNAMA